The enhanced Export Opportunities service for UK companies will be showcased on GREAT.gov.uk by International Trade Secretary Liam Fox.
The UK is one of the first countries in the world provide this online service, following the launch of the Export Strategy and an ambitious drive to boost British exports.
Speaking in Bristol this morning, Dr Fox will set out how the easy-to-use digital service lists business opportunities around the world from companies that want our products and gives manufacturers in the UK a unique opportunity to sell across the globe.
Examples on the service include:
- the Government of Ghana wants UK companies to help build infrastructure and supply vehicles
- a Dutch education body that wants to buy touch-screen computers from the UK
- a Hong Kong distributor who wants British cheeses for hotels, airlines and supermarkets
- a Mumbai distributor who wants British chocolate to sell through its network of suppliers across India
- a Costa Rican distributor wants to sell Scotch Whisky across the Caribbean
- the pan-American games organisers in Lima want to buy sports equipment from the UK
International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox MP said: “From exporting cheese to Hong Kong, online degree courses to China and frozen products to France – DIT has already helped thousands of companies to export, with exports now at a record high.Now there are more than 20,000 export opportunities available to search online, helping UK companies sell their goods overseas – and help meet our ambition for Britain to become a 21st century exporting superpower.
“As an international economic department, we are determined to see the UK thrive and to help support, connect and grow UK companies on the world stage through our international network.”