The Franchise Leaders in Real Estate
- In the driving seat is Dorian Gonsalves, CEO at Belvoir Group
- We talk building relationships with franchisees, acquisition strategies, the benefits of being a listed company and much more
The Belvoir Group’s national presence and franchise model has not only helped them achieve impressive growth, it’s also seen them become one of the UK’s largest property franchise groups. The Group manages over 65,000 properties, with well over 400 offices across six brands.
Dorian Gonsalves took over the driving seat of the company when they listed in 2012 and has overseen impressive growth since day one. Besides serving as a director of The Property Ombudsman for five years, Dorian’s deep understanding of franchising and the strategic vision has seen the company go from strength over the past decade.
The host of the Driving Ambition interview series Oli Barrett sat down with Dorian to talk about building relationships with franchisees, their acquisition strategy, the benefits of being a listed company and much more. Watch the full discussion below and be sure to catch up with the rest of the interviews in the series.
Here’s what we covered during the discussion:
- Could you tell us about Belvoir Group and the work that you do? (0:42)
- Is there anything about franchise businesses that you find particularly engaging? (2:16)
- What does your acquisition strategy look like going forward? (2:58)
- What are the benefits of being a listed company? (5:31)
- What have you managed to achieve such impressive growth in this time of turbulence? (6:48)
- What would be your top tip for building a good relationship with franchisees? (8:33)
- What trends do you see coming in the near future? (9:17)
- How have you had to adapt your company plans to deal with the turbulence of the last few years? (12:42)
- How do you tread the line of continuing on the path of growth and wanting to disrupt the market? (13:40)
- What opportunities and challenges lie ahead for the Group? (14:45)
- Are there any changes you’d like to see politicians make that would benefit the housing market? (16:34)
- What question are you asking yourself when it comes to making more of a difference regarding ESG? (17:34)
- Other than strong financial results, what is something that you hope investors (existing and future) would say about the Group? (19:53)
- If you could go back to when you first took over the business in 2012, what one piece of advice would you give yourself? (20:28)
What is the finnCap Ambition Nation Listed 50?
The Driving Ambition interview series highlights companies that feature on finnCap’s Ambition Nation Listed 50. In 2018, renowned financial advisor finnCap launched Ambition Nation; a platform for innovative, high-growth companies to showcase their success stories and discuss the challenges of the modern business landscape.
Firmly at the beating heart of corporate Britain’s growth, the companies on the Ambition Nation Listed 50 are small- to mid-cap PLCs that have been identified using the finnCap Group’s Slide Rule. This equity analysis tool identifies companies that offer the best blend of growth and quality.
finnCap advise ambitious companies and promote their stories to find the right investment for growth. They also help these companies access the growth capital that’s right for them. See the finnCap website for information.