The 2020 South West Business Leader Awards has become a the highlight to of the regions’ business calendar every year – and with the deadline closing this Friday – the excitement is starting to build.
The Awards’ independent panel of judges will then have the important task of selecting a winner from the hundreds of entries that have arrived at Business Leader HQ.
Judges are senior business and community figures who have been carefully selected for their expertise and professionalism.
Each Award Category is assigned three judges who assess the applications and decide on three finalists and an eventual winner.
Who are the judges?
- Kate Westbrook, Thrings
- Mette Jenson, Four Wealth Management Ltd
- Nathan Guest, VWV
- Chris Walford, Albert Goodman
- Rob Crews, Momentum Corporate Finance
- Paul Falvey, BDO
- Heather Frankham, Whiteoaks Capital & Origin Workspace
- Lauren Couch, BOOST & Co
- Mike Beesley, The HR World
- Ray McDowell, UWE
- Nathan Bradberry, Bevan Brittan LLP
- Dr Alex Young, Virti
- Paul Brown, MHI
- James Ryan, Bristol Airport
- Allan Rosengren, Bristol Private Equity Club
Entries open until midnight on Friday August 14th, so there is still time to send in your entry.
- COVID-19 Business Hero
- Business in the Community
- Green Business of the Year
- Innovation & Technology Award
- Customer Excellence Award
- Export & International Business Award
- Employer of the Year
- Start-up Business Award
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Family Business Award
- Manufacturing Business of the Year
- Business of the Year – 1-10 Employees
- Business of the Year – 11-50 Employees
- Business of the Year – 51+ Employees
- Advisory Firm of the Year
- Business Leader of the Year
BLA’s independent judging panel will analyse the entries ‘virtually’ or in person where safe to do so in August and September. Following this, the finalists will be announced in October – and the winners will be revealed in November.
In February/March 2021 the finalists, winners and sponsors will come together for a celebration dinner.
Founder of the Business Leader Awards, Andrew Scott comments: “I am delighted to see the incredible names we have on our independent judging panel. They make the awards what they are, by analysing our entries and selecting a deserved winner.
“With the incredible quality of entrants, the judges will have heir work cut out to select a winner. Good luck to all entrants and thank you to our judges!”