Watch the full interview with Brad Barritt here
In this instalment of Business Leader Insight, presented by Purplex Marketing, we were honoured to get to talk to Brad Barritt, highly-accomplished former professional rugby player, entrepreneur and founder of Tiki Tonga Coffee.
On the rugby field, Brad was the captain of Saracens, leading them to four Gallagher Premiership titles and three European Champions Cup titles. He has also represented England at Test level, with 26 caps and 2 tries under his belt.
Off the field, Brad is an experienced Director with a history of working in private equity, healthcare and coffee industry. In 2017, he co-founded Tiki Tonga Coffee Roasters, which has been making waves in the coffee industry around the world.
Don’t forget to visit the Tiki Tonga website and use discount code BUSINESSLEADER10 at checkout for 10% off your first order. Terms & conditions apply.
Here’s a breakdown of what we discussed in the interview:
• Brad Barritt background (1:46)
• What lead you to set up Tiki Tonga? (2:45)
• How has your business been affected by COVID-19? (3:41)
• How have you adapted your business to handle COVID-19? (5:17)
• Could you give us a comparison between how the UK has handled COVID-19 with how South Africa has handled the pandemic? (5:53)
• This edition of Business Leader Insight was brought to you by Purplex Marketing (7:17)
• What’s kept you motivated to work as hard in business as you do in rugby? (8:26)
• Are there any lessons that you’ve learnt on the rugby field that has carried over to your management style? (9:32)
• How do you keep mentally resilient with the uncertainty in business and in sport? (11:08)
Questions from the public
• Who was the best fly-half you ever played with? (12:46)
• Who did you support in 2019 Rugby World Cup Final? (14:34)
• When do you think we’ll see professional rugby back on our TV screens? (15:37)
• Will you ever look at franchising Tiki Tonga? (16:40)
• Could you tell us one fact about you that people won’t be able to find online? (17:47)
• Have you taken any lessons from current/previous coaches and used them in your business? (18:47)
Be sure to subscribe to the Business Leader YouTube channel for more interviews with some of the UK’s leading business figures.