In this instalment of Business Leader Insight, brought to you by Knightstone Capital, we were honoured to talk to Bestselling author, investor, business guru & creator of the 10X Movement, Grant Cardone. Grant Cardone owns and operates seven privately held companies, and a private equity real estate firm, Cardone Capital, with a multifamily portfolio of assets worth over $2 billion.
He is a New York Times bestselling author of 11 business books, including The 10X Rule, which led to Cardone establishing the 10X Global Movement and the 10X Growth Conference, now the largest business and entrepreneur conference in the world. He is the Top Crowdfunder in the world, raising over $500 million in equity via social media.
The online business and sales educational platforms he created serve over 330,000 individuals and Forbes 100 clients throughout the world. Voted the top Marketing Influencer to watch by Forbes, Cardone uses his massive 15 million-plus following to give back via his Grant Cardone Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to mentoring underprivileged and troubled youth in financial literacy.
Here’s a breakdown of what we discussed in the interview:
- You used to be addicted to drugs – using daily – and you were brutally beaten up, losing job after job. You had a tough start to life. What was the trigger that made you say enough was enough? (1:04)
- If you’ve been at the bottom and risen up – why can’t everybody do this? What are the traits you need to turn your life around? (3:41)
- Can you talk more about this and the price you need to pay to have success and wealth and financial freedom? Everybody sees the wealth and spending I guess – but what price do you need to pay? (5:54)
- Some people may find the process of starting a business and building it from the ground up intimidating. What would you do and what advice would you give to others? (7:39)
- You’ve said in the past that buying a home isn’t a good investment. How do you see the current state of the housing market? (9:52)
- How did you deal with criticism and negativity in your rise to where you are today? (11:54)
- What would you say to people who would argue that creating wealth isn’t a good thing and it should be dispersed instead? (14:32)
- What does the future hold for you? Continuing to inspire people or maybe a political career? (16:34)
- Trump vs. Biden; who do you think should win the election? (19:20)
- Has there been a particular person or book that has inspired you in your life? (21:27)
- Details of the 10X Boot Camp Interactive (23:40)
- Final word from Grant (26:35)
Be sure to subscribe to the Business Leader YouTube channel for more interviews with some of the UK’s leading business figures.