- This event has passed.
Business Leader Insight with Joseph Valente: winner of the Apprentice & founder of The Trade Mastermind
After launching Impra Gas at 22 and winning the Apprentice at age 25, Joseph Valente has curated an impressive list of achievements in a short space of time. Valente has also launched The Trade Mastermind & Coaching Academy, which was set up to support one-man bands, sole traders and SME’s in construction.Book your seat
Watch the Business Leader Insight interview with Joseph Valente here
Starting his first business at the age of 22 as a sole trader Joseph is the former CEO of the UK’s largest independent Boiler Installation business Impra Gas, spanning across the nation with over 150 staff and a multi-million-pound turnover. This growth was achieved in just 7 short years and Joseph has now sold this organisation at the age of 30.
Joseph rose to fame at the age of 25 after winning the BBC’s The Apprentice the UK’s largest cash prize TV show and also gaining billionaire lord sugar as a business partner. His other achievements include being a number one best-selling author with his book ‘Expelled from The Classroom to Billionaire Boardroom’. He has now set his sights on the international stage and aims to build one of the worlds biggest training and development business’s Power2Succeed University focused on working with Business owners and entrepreneurs to achieve success in sales.
Alongside this Joseph has launched the first-ever training in construction The Trade Mastermind & Coaching Academy which was set up to support one-man bands, sole traders and SME’s in construction. Joseph believes so strongly in the Laws of attraction and champions the tag line – ‘Whatever the mind can conceive and believe the mind can achieve’ his aim is to give back and make every one of the 8 billion people on this planet believe in themselves cause if they don’t, no one will.
Here’s a breakdown of what we discussed in the interview:
- You have written a book called ‘Expelled from the classroom to billionaire boardroom’ – can you tell us more about your life and experience in education? (1:25)
- You were a plumber by trade – where did your interest in business come from? (2:43)
- You won the Apprentice aged 25 – what was it like working with Lord Sugar and how did the experience as a whole impact your career? (4:54)
- Many successful business leaders have ups and downs – and you have received some bad press regarding your business ImpraGas. How do you reflect on that period and do you look back with any regrets? (8:19)
- Do you still feel that the way you exited ImpraGas was the correct way to handle that situation? (13:31)
- There is a taboo about failure in the UK, do you feel like the mindset and narrative around that topic should change in the country? (15:06)
- What is your long-term vision for The Trade Mastermind? (18:35)
- After a difficult year, many businesspeople will be disheartened by their company going bust and having to start again. What would be your advice to people going through this? (21:43)
Questions from the public
- Besides Lord Sugar, who has inspired you most in business? (23:07)
- If you could go back to 22-year-old you, what one piece of advice would you give yourself? (24:08)
- What is one fact about you that people won’t be able to find online? (24:30)
Be sure to subscribe to the Business Leader YouTube channel for more interviews with some of the UK’s leading business figures.