- This event has passed.
Business Leader Insight: Sabrina Stocker
Sabrina Stocker is an entrepreneur, founder of My Tennis Events and former participant in The Apprentice.Book your seat
Watch the full interview here:
Here’s a breakdown of what we discussed in the interview:
- Can you tell us about your early life and career? (1:09)
- You built My Tennis Events into a six-figure business within the first year of trading. What was the secret to this success? (2:05)
- Did you have aspirations to become a tennis player? (2:43)
- How has My Tennis Events been affected by the pandemic? (3:38)
- What other opportunities have you been looking at during the pandemic? (4:34)
- How was your experience on the Apprentice? (5:13)
- What are Lord Sugar and Claude Littner like to deal with? (5:39)
- What made you want to be an entrepreneur? (6:10)
- Are you looking to grow your expertise and become an investor? (7:03)
- Do you think there’s a culture that encourages entrepreneurship or could we do more? (7:43)
- How important is making mistakes in achieving success in your opinion? (8:47)
- Do you have any tips for viewers looking to raise funding? (9:38)
- Do you have any tips for people looking to start a business? (10:38)
Questions from the public
- How did you manage to sustainably scale up your business in your first year? (11:15)
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received and what is the best advice that you give to your clients? (11:50)
- What was your biggest takeaway from your time on the Apprentice? (12:23)
- What is one fact about you that people can’t find online? (13:00)
- Do you have any tips to grow your business organically? (15:24)
Combining her sports and business knowledge, Sabrina started her own events company, running tennis tournaments for children. From humble beginnings, where she used her own medals and trophies to give to the winning children, Sabrina expanded the company, running over 400 tennis tournaments a year with a team of 42 brand ambassadors, and a six-figure annual turnover.
In 2018, Sabrina captured the nation’s attention with her bright and bubbly personality, reaching the final rounds of BBC One’s The Apprentice TV Show, with Lord Sugar praising her to ‘have a natural raw talent for business’.
Since then, Sabrina has continued to grow My Tennis Events, partnering with David Lloyd, Virgin Active, Better and the LTA, and has recently launched a new venture – Active Dragons, which aims to educate the next generation to learn the 4Cs and entrepreneurship through workshops and camps. Encapturing both the private and non-private sectors, this new company is cultivating the ‘thinkers of the futures’. She has also been asked to consult for the UK government, advising how to inspire other 18-30-year-olds to start their own business.
During the 2020 lockdown period, she co-founded Shopping Slot, a company compared to Sky Scanner but for supermarket delivery slots. Within six weeks, her site received 3 million page views and nearly half a million users. Sabrina also featured on our list of top 32 female entrepreneurs to look out for.
Be sure to subscribe to the Business Leader YouTube channel for more interviews with some of the UK’s leading business figures.