We caught up with Chris Jones, who is EVP Industry & Services at Descartes, about global retail, e-commerce and logistics trends.
This transatlantic conversation is a must-watch for anybody associated with the e-commerce or logistics space; and those looking to find out more about global trade.
Here’s a breakdown of what we covered:
- Can you tell us more about your role and what you do? (00:46)
- When you look back at the last 18 months – how would you summarise them? (01:39)
- What impact has this period had on the retail sector in your opinion? (03:36)
- How can e-commerce businesses sustain the boom and will it be sustained in your opinion? (05:16)
- We’re still seeing major slip-ups from big brands, such as late or missing deliveries and a lack of sustainable packaging. Is there anything new that you’ve seen that brands could do to improve their service? (06:37)
- What effect has factors (such as Brexit and the pandemic) had on international trade and the flow between major economies? (09:56)
- What are some of the key challenges you’re seeing in the logistics space? (12:17)
- Final word from Chris (14:07)
Descartes is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. For more information, visit descartes.com.
Be sure to subscribe to the Business Leader YouTube channel for more live events and interviews with some of the world’s leading business figures.