Go Green award winners revealed
Businesses and organisations in the West of England were rewarded for their efforts in driving environmental sustainability in the work place at the Go Green 2016 Award recently.
Go Green was launched in February last year and is a collaboration between business leadership organisations Business West and Low Carbon South West.
The initiative was put in place to signpost organisations to resources that can help them be greener and recognise the efforts made to create a greener environment at work.
The ceremony was held at The Bristol hotel and featured 13 awards across the five themes of Go Green which include Energy & Efficiency; Travel & Transport; Planning & Resilience, to prepare for future changes; Sustainable Sourcing; and Happy & Healthy to encourage community spirit.
Results as follows:
– Best Newcomer Sustainable Sourcing, sponsored by Natracare
Highly Commended: Destination Bristol
Winner: Sift Ltd
– Most Improved Sustainable Sourcing
– Best Newcomer Travel & Transport, sponsored by Ashfords LLP
– Most Improved Travel & Transport, sponsored by Nissan GB and Wessex Garages
Highly Commended: Knowle West Media Centre
Winner: Alder King
– Best Newcomer Energy & Efficiency, sponsored by Energy & Technical Services
Highly Commended: The Bristol
Winner: Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology
– Most Improved Energy & Efficiency, sponsored by Global Design Solutions
Highly Commended: Royal Bank of Scotland
Winner: University of the West of England
– Best Newcomer Happy & Healthy, sponsored by Fresh-range
Highly Commended: United Communities
Winner: The Bristol
– Most Improved Happy & Healthy
Highly Commended: Sift Ltd
Winner: Stride Treglown
– Best Newcomer Planning & Resilience, sponsored by Royal Bank of Scotland
Winner: Harmsen Tilney Shane
– Most Improved Planning & Resilience, sponsored by University of the West of England
Winner: Royal Bank of Scotland
– Driving Force Award, sponsored by Almeda
Highly Commended: Jade Carter, Ashfords LLP
Highly Commended: UWE Green Capital Team
Winner: Laura Miller, Stripe OLT
– Bristol’s Best Green Small Business
Winner: Alec French Architects
– Bristol’s Best Green Small Business FSB Member
Winner: Roll for the Soul
Besides, both ‘Bristol’s Best Green Small Business’ awards included cash prizes provided by the FSB to help with the cost of implementing future green initiatives.
Alan Bailey, Executive Director for Low Carbon South West added: “The awards were a fantastic celebration of what can be achieved in a single year when an easy to use framework like the Go Green Tool takes the strain for you.
“Go Green has been brilliant for matching up the demand and supply side of the green marketplace in the region and we look forward to supporting this rapidly expanding sector in 2016.”
The ceremony was also generously sponsored by Bristol Airport and Brunel Professional Risks.