How R&D tax credits can change your business and much more in our special live event with ForrestBrown
Watch the full discussion about R&D tax credits here
Most business leaders aren’t aware of the transformational power that R&D tax credits could provide to their companies. We teamed up with specialist R&D tax credit consultancy ForrestBrown for a very special live event on the topic.
We spoke to ForrestBrown technical director Jenny Tragner. She’s specialised in R&D tax credits for well over a decade, making her of the UK’s foremost experts in research and development tax relief. Jenny also sits on HMRC’s R&D Consultative Committee.
Jenny has also recently worked with the chartered institute of taxation to produce new guidance on professional standards for R&D tax advisers, which were published in June. She works with both companies and accountants to make sure that they truly understand the intricacies of the R&D tax incentive.
In this discussion we covered the following questions:
- Why are R&D tax credits so important for UK businesses? (1:48)
- R&D can be a confusing topic for most, so could you take us through its official definition? (2:58)
- How much could R&D tax credits be worth to a company? (4:57)
- What is the process for making a claim and how long could business expect this process to take? (6:19)
- How would you say that businesses could get the most value out of their R&D tax credits and can they have a long-term impact? (8:00)
- What are your top tips for maximising value when looking at both R&D tax incentives and other forms of funding? (10:19)
- What should my business be doing now to protect the value of next year’s R&D claim? (11:34)
- We’re spending a lot of money on health and safety to get our business ready after lockdown. Could any of these measures be classed as R&D? (13:52)
Check our Virtual Events page for upcoming Business Leader events.