Listen, I just spent the afternoon collating all the things from memory I’d learned in 2018.
Hopefully some of them will help you going forward in 2019. I’ve also chosen a selection of my favourite photos from my camera roll. Wifey won’t let me post photos of the kids on social media, so they are not the best best ones, but the ones that best sum up the high-points of my year. The low-points, and there has been several, well no one wants to see them.
I promise you, you only need one or two of these from the list to positively change the direction of your year.
All the best to all my friends for your continued support in all areas of my world.
1. STOP FUCKING WHINING.
2. START FUCKING WINNING.
3. Things change.
4. As a motivational speaker I can find the upside in most situations. Most.
5. Find someone who makes you laugh for all the wrong reasons.
6. We can’t all be Elon Musk. Pah, you are a pathetic entrepreneur. Not really. Compare you now, to you back then.
7. Is it your ambition or ability that runs out first?
8. You are your best chance of success.
9. Awesome. You got millions in the bank. Wait, what. You’re not happy though? Buy another sports car, ‘happy’ may be hiding in the glove compartment.
10. Holding a mask on is tiring. My advice. Don’t hold a mask on.
11. Rocks into pebbles, pebbles into dust. Dust into gone.
12. Revenge is still a dish best not served.
13. Jealous? Stop it!
14. Be your own competition.
15. Be who you are in the world.
16. Before you post on Facebook about changing the world, ask yourself this question. What do you need to do to change yourself.
17. Motivational speaker. Be motivational. Be the product.
18. No one is gonna give you a stage, until you deserve it.
19. Back up your data.
20. Sometimes as frustrating and difficult as it is, you’ve got to let someone you love, slip on a Banana skin.
21. Facebook likes, and shares don’t pay the mortgage. *shocked face*
22. The only thing that outgrows a network. Is a misguided ego.
23. It’s never the thing people say, it’s the thing behind the thing, thing.
24. Facebook private messages are often not private. You do know they can be screen grabbed.
25. Like yourself and your own Facebook posts!
26. Your dream. Make it attainable. Based on your true ambition and ability.
27. Whatever stage you get to, there is always a next level up. If you want it.
28. Keep going.
29. Roll the dice. Double six’s can happen.
30. Learn from the bad as well as the good.
31. Regardless of how benign your intent is, some will always try to shoot you down from the sidelines.
32. You are never going to please everyone. Please yourself.
33. If someone wants to lay blame at your door, they will do, regardless of the facts. Arguing won’t change this.
34. Always ask why you are only given one half of the story.
35. No one in the history of Facebook has ever convinced anyone to change their view based on a post. Brexit debates. Really are great fun though.
36. Democracy is great. As long as everyone agrees.
37. I called it. Bitcoin isn’t going to be $20,000 December 2018. Soz.
38. An “expert” is just someone who is good at guessing.
39. Find your tribe. Find your people. You’ll find yourself.
40. Find somewhere you can truly be you, and have a moan without judgement.
41. Well done you created a paid private members group. Grand opening. 6 months later. Grand closing.
42. Never underestimate the effort needed to get bums on seats and to keep them there.
43. Never overestimate your own personal draw, based on Facebook likes and shares.
44. You gotta kiss some frogs to realise there are in fact very few Princes.
45. 94% of business fail in the first decade. I’ve been going for 14 years now. That’s just nuts.
46. 98% of people don’t do what they say they will. Be part of the 2%.
47. Don’t panic. Going to the gym once, won’t make you look all muscly like Arnold.
48. You can’t save anyone till you save yourself.
49. Life without memes is no life at all. Get yourself a Reddit account.
50. A “logo” isn’t a business. It’s a logo.
51. Be careful in life, about who invites you to sit on their table. Do they always have your best interests at heart?
52. You are handing over money based on what? A sepia photo of someone pointing in front of their roller banner.Some clever long copy? Promises of revealing SECRETS?
53. Make sure that any fight you get dragged into, is a fight you actually want even if you win, you lose.
54. I’d rather have 1x success than 10x sick-cess.
55. The banks don’t care.
56. Don’t blame the government for the retail high street collapse. Blame 1-click BUY NOW and yourself.
57. Recovery is as important as intensity.
58. Teresa May can’t dance. But you gotta respect at least she had a go though.
59. Figure out who your enemy is.
60. Figure out who your friends are.
61. Figure out why your frenimies are your frenemies.
62. The fear of an operation is often worse than the actual operation.
63. Modern cars really can be gone in 60 seconds. RIP Bradmobile.
64. Make an effort to bring out more of the GOOD you and less of the BAD.
65. Some people are never happier than when they just missed a bus and even happier when they go on Facebook to tell you.
66. Be honest. Really honest. How far can your ability and ambition take you?
67. Quoting Public Enemy lyrics doesn’t add validity to your foolishness.
68. Self-sabotage. Continues to be a thing. A weird thing, but I see so much of it.
69. One load of wood doesn’t make a house constantly nice and warm.
70. Just watch this “Short video” are never short videos.
71. It all starts with you. All of it. If you don’t accept this, don’t start. Be honest about it.
72. Regardless of how expensive the video course you found on Facebook is, I promise you, this alone isn’t going to make you a millionaire. Soz.
73. You know how you build a £1m business? By building a £100,000 first.
74. Talk is cheap. Unless you’re the UK’s #1 motivational business speaker, in which case its reassuringly expensive.
75. You can’t go left and right at the same time. EG: you want abs, but also LOVE pizza.
76. On social media, I swear there’s a ‘6 figure success coach’ who still lives with his mum.
77. “I just took delivery of a supercar” doesn’t mean they just bought a super car. Once you know how these ‘experts’ play the social media game, the game is up.
78. The question isn’t what do you want to achieve, that’s easy. The hard question is are you really prepared to do what it takes?
79. Saying hello and waving at everyone who drops into your Facebook live doesn’t make it better for the rest of the audience.
80. It shouldn’t take death, to appreciate life.
81. When shit hits the fan. And it will. Always ask, what does this make possible?
82. When you take the pin out of a grenade, please make sure you know where you throwing it.
83. The only way some feel joy, is by attempting to blow someone else’s candles out.
84. Control. Security or Approval. That’s the reason people act as they do.
85. If someone does a selfie on a train and there is a first-class logo in show, its intentional.
86. It’s never too late to change direction.
87. Don’t be that person. #CockWomble.
88. Be resolute, move quickly on my FIFO charter. Fix it. Or Fuck it off.
89. “There’s not enough hours in the day”. There is you just spending too much time dicking about ™
90. Smile more. Be thankful for what you already have.
91. Book that holiday. You’ll find a way to pay for it.
92. Regardless of what you have served to you via social media channels. There is a whole lot more to business success, than business success.
93. Eat less pink wafers. Smoke less fags. Walk more. Drink more water. Eat more veggies. Live longer.
94. Health – Family – Business. In that order.
95. If you don’t 100% believe in your dream. Don’t get upset if nobody 100% believes in your dream either.
96. Don’t get hooked on the fight. The hustle. The grind.
97. Never be in a hurry to lose.
98. Define the point when you will consider yourself successful.
99. Concentrate on the small picture, the big one will paint itself.
100. You can’t save the world. I’ve tried. But you can save yourself.
101. People say I swear too much. Fuck off. It’s my life. You live yours how you want to.
102. Who made me the expert? I did.
103. My ingredients haven’t changed. My recipe has.
104. Make that decision. Right. Right now.
105. Stop comparing yourself to others on social media. It’ll drive you bonkers.
106. There comes a point where the gold stops glisten.
107. The more wealth you have, the less valuable it becomes.
108. Short term booing from people who don’t matter, don’t matter.
109. Be ambitious. Be driven. But above all. Please, please please. BE HAPPY.
110. If what the goals you are chasing are causing you to be genuinely unhappy, take a step back, that’s probably where your natural level is.
111. Now What?
If this resonated with you, consider joining me in my NowWhat Club, It’s my private members mentoring group, full of self development; positivity, direction and focus for you, your biz and your life.