Watch the interview here
We caught up with Chris Jones, who is EVP Industry & Services at Descartes, about global retail, e-commerce and logistics trends.
This transatlantic conversation is a must-watch for anybody associated with the e-commerce or logistics space; and those looking to find out more about global trade.
Here’s a breakdown of what we covered:
• Can you tell us more about your role and what you do? (00:46)
• When you look back at the last 18 months – how would you summarise them? (01:39)
• What impact has this period had on the retail sector in your opinion? (03:36)
• How can e-commerce businesses sustain the boom and will it be sustained in your opinion? (05:16)
• We’re still seeing major slip-ups from big brands, such as late or missing deliveries and a lack of sustainable packaging. Is there anything new that you’ve seen that brands could do to improve their service? (06:37)
• What effect has factors (such as Brexit and the pandemic) had on international trade and the flow between major economies? (09:56)
• What are some of the key challenges you’re seeing in the logistics space? (12:17)
• Final word from Chris (14:07)
Descartes is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. For more information, visit descartes.com.
Be sure to subscribe to the Business Leader YouTube channel for more interviews with some of the UK’s leading business figures.