Who are the 10 most influential black business leaders in Britain?
The most powerful black captains of industry have been recognised as part of a unique collaboration between leading diversity and inclusion consultancy firm INvolve and tech giant, Google.
Each of the figures who appear on the EMpower Top 10 UK Black Role Models List have today been recognised for their contribution to breaking down barriers within the workplace for Black and ethnic minority individuals.
Among some of the largest employers in the UK, the 10 individuals represent a collective workforce of over 65,000 people and have garnered the attention of partners INvolve and Google for the way they have used their positions to help keep diversity and inclusion at the top of the organisational agenda.
Meet the top 10
· Belton Flournoy, Director of Digital Identity and Security at Protiviti UK
· Celia Fraser, Insights & Analytics Lead at Capital Group
· Christina Liciaga, Head of Customer & Products for Europe & CIIOM at HSBC
· Dominic Carter, Group Chief Commercial Officer at News UK
· Edleen John, International, Corporate Affairs and Co-Partner for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Director at the Football Association
· Janet Onyia, Project & Programme Manager at Accenture
· Leila Thomas, CEO and Founder Urban Synergy, Seconded from Talent team at London Stock Exchange Group.
· Roni Savage, Founder & Managing Director of Jomas Associates (Engineering & Environmental)
· Sengova Kailondo, Senior Associate at Hogan Lovells International LLP
· Toib Olomowewe, Organisational Development & Learning Manager at Royal Dutch Shell
Each of these individuals also appear on the wider EMpower Ethnic Minority Role Model List, which was launched by INvolve in May.
Commenting on the launch of the initiative, Suki Sandhu OBE, Founder & CEO of Audeliss and INvolve, said: “We must do more when it comes to driving Black inclusion in business. Organisations must step up and hold themselves accountable when it comes to turning well-intentioned aspirations into clear, concrete actions for change. I’m delighted that EMpower are partnering with Google for the first time this year to share the Top 10 UK Black Role Models who are actively creating a workplace where Black and other ethnic minority individuals have an equal opportunity to thrive.”
Alex Okosi, Managing Director, Emerging Markets at YouTube EMEA, said: “As a company that aims to celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and users – we are delighted to present the first ever EMpower Top 10 UK Black Role Models List and shine a spotlight on some of the amazing Black Role Models who are making an impact across UK business. These talented individuals are not just excelling in their own areas of expertise, but are inspiring us all by paving the way forward and leading by example when it comes to creating more inclusive workplaces.”