The wait is over. finnCap has announced the winners of its 2020 Ambition Nation Listed 50 Awards. The companies on the list are recognised as the leading smaller UK-listed companies, as ranked by finnCap’s equity analysis tool, The Slide Rule. The awards celebrate the achievements and innovation of these companies and leaders, which is especially pertinent in the age of COVID-19.
The winners of the 2020 Ambition Nation Listed 50 Awards
Here are the winners of the 2020 Ambition Nation Listed 50 awards:
Top ranked company: Technology
Top ranked company: Financials
Winner: Tatton Asset Management
Top ranked company: Consumer
Top ranked company: Best of the Rest
Winner: AB Dynamics
Top ranked company: Overall
Best performing company: Technology
Best performing company: Financials
Winner: Impax Asset Management
Best performing company: Consumer
Best performing company: Best of the Rest
Winner: Avon Rubber
Best performing company: Overall
Winner: Avon Rubber
Congratulations to all of the winners!
finnCap caught up with Brendan Mooney, the CEO in driving seat at Kainos; the winner of the ‘Best performing company: Technology’ in this year’s awards.
Kainos is a leading provider of Digital Services and platforms, providing digital transformation services for government and private sector. Earlier in the year, the company assisted the Welsh Government to deliver its Economic Resilience Fund to support business affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. From policy decision to national-scale live operation in 10 days, the company truly showed what they could do despite the quick turnaround.
Watch the discussion with Kainos CEO, Brendan Mooney
Here’s what was covered in the conversation:
- What has driven your success this year? (1:00)
- You’re in the business of digital transformation, could you explain more about what your company does? (1:57)
- One of the large projects you assisted with was helping the Welsh Government to deliver their £500m Economic Resilience Fund. Could you share how that was as a challenge? (2:56)
- What lesson did you take as a leader having to deliver such a large project with a quick turnaround? (4:06)
- Despite delivering successful financial results over the last few months, what challenges have you faced during the pandemic? (5:01)
- Earlier in the year, you acquired IntuitiveTEK. What opportunities does this acquisition open up? (6:43)
- You made an acquisition just before the lockdown. What challenges did you come across going through such a key transition stage under lockdown? (8:01)
- 2020 has been a turbulent year. How have your growth plans changed or evolved throughout the year and what lessons have you learnt along the way? (8:56)
- You’ve been in the driving seat of a listed company during a global pandemic. Are there any aspects of being a listed company that come to your advantage? (10:24)
- If I could take you back to March 2020, what advice would you give yourself? (11:26)
- You’ve been recognised as the best performing technology company in the Ambition Nation Listed 50 awards. What does that recognition mean to you? (12:15)
Catch up with the rest of the interviews in the Driving Ambition series here.
About the Ambition Nation Listed 50
The finnCap Ambition Nation Listed 50 is a prestigious collection of leading smaller UK-listed companies that offer the best blend of growth and quality as ranked by finnCap’s equity analysis tool, The Slide Rule. The list celebrates the achievements and innovation of these business leaders, which is especially pertinent in the age of COVID-19.
finnCap advise ambitious companies and promote their stories to find the right investment for growth. They also help these companies access the growth capital that’s right for them. See the finnCap website for information.